It's time to Rum Ball
With only 12 more days to Christmas it's a great time to make Rum Balls, if you make them now and store them
covered in the refrigerator the flavour will meld together and make the decadent little mouthfuls all the more
delightful come Christmas day.
Most people have a recipe for Rum balls and mine is fairly traditional, however you can change the alcohol, biscuits or
fruit to anything you prefer. Even ditch the coconut and roll them in rainbow sprinkles or finely chopped nuts.
Make dried Apricot balls with Amaretto, dried cranberries (Craisins) with Limoncello, the choice is yours.
They're super simple to make, easy for young ones to share and gift to grandparents - who just love them!
- Rum Balls
- 1 x 250 gram / 8 oz packet of plain vanilla biscuits, (wine, milk arrowroot, girl guide biscuits etc.) crushed
- 3 to 4 weet-bix, crushed, or approximately 1 cup of cereal
- ¾ cup of raisins
- ½ cup of dark cocoa
- 1 x 395 gram / 12 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 4 to 5 tablespoons of rum, to taste
- 1 cup dessicated coconut, to roll the balls in