- Individual Christmas Puddings
- 125 grams butter
- ½ cup of dark brown sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 200 grams of quality fruit mince, preferably homemade
- 1 cup of raisins
- grated zest of 1 orange
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 1 heaped teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup of milk
- ¼ cup of Brandy, Whisky, Port or orange juice
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (320°F)
- Grease 12 silcone muffin moulds or ramekins and place them into a roasting pan.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer cream the butter and sugar together.
- Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time.
- Fold through the fruit mince, raisins and grated zest.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, cloves and salt and fold into the creamed mixture alternatively with the milk and baking
- Finally fold through the Brandy or what you prefer and spoon the mixture in to the greased moulds.
- Carefully pour boiling water around the puddings to reach three quarters high. Cover the roasting pan with a lid,
foil or cookie sheet baking tray.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, checking occasionally to ensure there is still plenty of water flowing around them.
- Turn out and serve immediately with crème Anglaise, lightly whipped cream and Brandy butter as desired.
- Leftover puddings or if you prefer to make the puddings ahead of time, can be reheated easily in the microwave for
½ a minute.
- Makes 12