If you are looking for an easy and festive appetizer or even a simple weekday meal with salad. Don't knock these
Chicken, Cranberry and Brie Phyllo Parcels.
Yes, they're somewhat old school, a little retro maybe. However I've found they're always appreciated and
seem to disappear fast.
You can replace the cranberries with dried apricots or dried cherries for a different take. They're also lovely
served with a little raspberry or berry infused vinaigrette to dip.
- Chicken, Cranberry and Brie Phyllo Parcels
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, approximately 300 grams, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ cup of dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 125 grams of brie, diced
- 20 sheets of phyllo, approximately 350 grams
- 100 grams of butter, melted
- Season the diced chicken well.
- Preheat your fry pan over a medium high heat.
- Add a little olive oil and sauté the chicken until golden and cooked through.
- Add the dried cranberries to the pan and stir through to soften.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (356°F)
- Take the phyllo sheets out of the packet and cover with a tea towel to avoid them drying out.
- Brushing one sheet at the time with butter, fold it in half length ways and brush the dry top side with
- Fold in half length ways once more so you have a long strip ¼ the width.
- Place a small spoonful of the chicken and cranberries with a piece or two of brie at one end of the phyllo
- Fold the phyllo over to form a triangle enveloping the chicken and fold and flip again down the length of phyllo
until you reach the end and have a tight triangle parcel.
- Brush once more with butter and place on a lined baking tray.
- Repeat with the remaining phyllo and chicken until you have approximately 20 parcels.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.