I really appreciate how easy salmon is to prepare. It's wonderful to have something so tasty and healthy on call.
Baked Salmon is a breeze to assemble - the most important trick with this recipe is to ensure that the potatoes are
sliced paper thin so that they cook through quickly.
- Baked Salmon with Fennel, Potato and Olives
- 4x 150 gram portions of fresh salmon
- 3 to 4 potatoes, variety suitable for roasting and baking
- 1 to 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of black olives, I used Kalamata
- sprig of fresh thyme
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (356°F)
- Scrub and rinse the potatoes and fennel well, then slice the potatoes and fennel bulbs paper thin using a sharp
chefs knife or mandoline.
- Line a large baking dish with parchment baking paper and scatter a layer of the potatoes and fennel with a good
splash of olive oil.
- Place over the portions of salmon and sprinkle with the olives, thyme and seasoning.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, golden and cooked through.
- Serves 4