- Lemon Pistachio Cheesecake Marbled Brownies
- 250 gram of bittersweet dark chocolate
- 200 grams of butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1½ cups of all purpose flour
- ¼ cup of quality dark cocoa
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 125 grams of cream cheese
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- the zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup of shelled pistachios
Cheesecake and Brownies?! Yes! You heard correctly. To be sure these are decadent little monsters so cut them into
small squares. Oh who am I kidding? Go on, go all out and serve them with a little of my Lemon Curd Ripple Ice Cream!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F)
- Grease and line a sponge roll, brownie pan or oblong baking dish.
- Using a double boiler (bain-marie) or microwave, melt the chocolate.
- Melt the butter separately to avoid burning the chocolate and then mix the two together and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla together.
- Pour the lukewarm chocolate and butter mixture into the eggs and stir to combine.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and fold gently into the chocolate batter until just combined.
- In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, caster sugar and lemon zest together.
- Pour the chocolate batter into the greased dish and drop small teaspoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture all over
the top. Sprinkle with the pistachios and using a wooden skewer swirl a marbling pattern through the mix to gently
encourage the cheesecake into the brownie batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the brownie is cooked around the edges, but still a little soft in the middle.
- Cool and cut into squares.