If there is ever a reason to eat in season, I believe it's this salad. Sweet young lamb fillet tops fiery rocket,
tender broad beans and salty feta. Simple but always satisfies.
- Lamb, Broad Bean and Rocket Salad with Mint
- 4 lamb fillets or small backstraps
- olive oil
- freshly ground sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup of broad beans, skins removed
- 4 handfuls of fresh rocket, arugula leaves
- a small bunch of fresh mint
- 120 grams of feta, crumbled
- the juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons of best quality extra virgin olive oil
- Bring the lamb fillets to room temperature and pat dry.
- Season well with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat a dry skillet over a medium-high flame and pan-fry the lamb fillets for 3 to 4 minutes each side, until
medium-rare or to cooked your liking.
- Rest the meat in a warm place while you assemble the rest of the salad.
- In a small saucepan of water bring the broad beans to the boil, drain and refresh them in ice cold water.
- Arrange the rocket leaves on 4 serving plates.
- Slice the lamb thickly across the grain and place on top of the rocket leaves.
- Sprinkle over the drained broad beans, torn mint leaves, and crumbled feta.
- Lastly drizzle over lemon juice and a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Serves 4