Great as an appetizer or nibble at your first barbecue of the new season, or part of a selection of tapas - everyone is
sure to love these skewers with fresh sweet broad beans and smokey cubes of chorizo. For a vegetarian alternative you
might like to try cubes of haoumi or feta cheese.
- Smokey Chorizo and Broad Bean Skewers
- 200 grams of Chorizo sausage, diced - I use Mariano’s
- 1 cup of Broad / Fava beans, fresh or frozen and thawed, peeled of their skins
- 1 tablespoon of Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
- ¼ to ½ teaspoons of ground Chilli (optional)
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- Skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Dice the Chorizo sausage into similar sized pieces to your Broad beans.
- Thread cubes of the Chorizo alternatively with the broad beans.
- Brush with olive oil and grill 3 to 4 minutes over a medium heat, turning once until the Chorizo is cooked through
and slightly crispy and golden.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika, chilli, salt and pepper to taste.