- Orange Blossom Cookies
- 125 grams of ground roasted almond
- 125 grams of ground rolled oat
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of orange blossom water
- 2 egg yolks
- Rhubarb Compote, to serve
- In a large bowl, mix together ground almond, rolled oat and salt. Make a well in the centre and add egg yolks, oil
and orange blossom water.
- Knead quickly to combine all the ingredients and shape the dough into a ball.
- Wrap it with a plastic film and store in the fridge for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 190°C (374°F).
- Roll out the dough to around 3 to 4 mm thick on a dusted flour surface.
- Cut the dough with a cookie cutter.
- Then place cookies on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve the cookies along side a little stewed Rhubarb compote or jam.
- Words, Recipe & Images courtesy of Vanille atdownunder.com