I am a naughty radish munching bunny!
I promised to do this sweet little giveaway (see below)
at the beginning of the month, but I've been
distracted, with, admittedly THE CUTEST
around. However better late than never, right?!
So speaking of radishes, we've been enjoying an abundant supply of all various shapes, sizes and colours from our
local farmers market and now more recently some from our own garden. While my favourite way to eat them is thinly
sliced on a toasted piece of rye sourdough (also from the farmers market) smeared with cream cheese and sprinkled
generously with salt, we have also enjoyed roasting a few to have with our dinner.
Roasting them couldn't be easier and threading them on skewers makes them a little more special.
Calling them brochette?
All the more posh.
The humble radish now suitably worthy of a Christmas dinner party, wouldn't you agree?
I also wanted to show you how to use Billington's Unrefined Light Muscovado Sugar in a little bit of a different
and surprising way, something seasonal, yet festive and I think these are just the ticket!
- Billingtons Light Muscovado Roasted Radish
- 16 medium sized radish, halved
- 30 grams of butter, melted
- 30 grams of Billingtons light muscovado sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Flaky sea salt
- 8 skewers
Merry Christmas from Billington’s
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (356°F)
- Thread 4 radish halves onto each skewer and place in a roasting dish.
- Drizzle over the melted butter and sprinkle generously with the muscovado sugar and freshly ground black
- Roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, turning occasionally until the radish are fork tender and lusciously
- Sprinkle with salt before serving.
- Makes 8
Billington’s is giving away these sweet Christmas packs to 30 lucky www.bronmarshall.com readers.
- Premium sugar brand Billington’s has put together a sweet Christmas pack just in time for the
- Featuring Billington’s Light Muscovado and Demerara natural unrefined cane sugars, this sweet
Christmas pack also comes with a cookbook chock-full of delicious recipe ideas.
- Billington’s unrefined Light Muscovado is the world’s finest light brown, soft sugar with a warm honey colour
and a creamy fudge flavour, ideal in biscuits, cakes and savoury dishes.
- With its rich aroma, crunchy texture and golden colour, Billington’s unrefined Demerara sugar is the ideal
sweetener for coffee and perfect for topping cereals, biscuits, cakes and crumbles.
To Enter: you need to leave a comment on this post telling me the sweet treat you are most looking forward to this
Christmas. Is it Nan's Christmas cake? Your Aunt's Pavlova? Your neighbour's Mince Pies? A box of Scorched
You tell me!
(Competition is open to New Zealand residents only ...I would also appreciate any shares, retweets and links to this
post using your favourite social media!)
**Update** Entries CLOSED midnight (NZDST) on Saturday the 14th of December.
Billington’s is also available in all leading supermarkets
For more information, visit www.billingtons.co.nz