I think the name says it all. These are truly scrumptious ice cream sandwiches with a festive slosh or two, it's up
- Strawberry Eggnog Ice Cream Sandwiches
- For the Strawberry Eggnog Ice Cream
- 2 cups of full cream milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 150 grams / 5 oz of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups of full cream
- ¾ cup of finely chopped strawberries
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of brandy or whisky, or both as desired
- Chewy Chocolate Chippie Biscuits - see recipe
- In a large saucepan gently heat the milk .
- In a bowl whisk together the egg yolks, caster sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour the warm milk over the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Return the mixture to the cleaned saucepan and gently stir over a medium heat until the mixture thickens very
slightly and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Add the cream to the cooled mixture and stir well.
- Chill the mixture for several hours until ready to churn in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturers
- Or alternatively place the mixture in a suitable container and freeze, whisking every few hours until frozen and
- While still soft fold through the chopped strawberries and brandy, and return to the freezer.
- To make the sandwiches:
- Scoop generous spoonfuls of Strawberry Eggnog Ice Cream between two Chewy Chocolate Chippie biscuits and gently
squeeze to secure. Return to the freezer to firm up if desired.
- Make approximately 20 depending on the size.