On a hot Summer's day there's nothing like a refreshing Pimm's Cup, as a simple granita. It's also an
ideal palate cleanser between courses on Christmas day whatever the weather.
- Pimm's Cup No.1 Granita
- 3 cups of ginger ale or ginger beer
- ½ cup of Pimm's No. 1
- the freshly squeezed juice of ½ an Orange
- the freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon.
- cucumber or apple, orange and lemon slices, to serve
- fresh mint, to serve
- Place a shallow baking dish, approximately 4 to 5 cm in depth on a flat level shelf in your freezer.
- Combine the ginger ale, Pimm's No. 1, orange and lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into the chilled baking dish and return to the freezer for approximately 2 hours.
- Scrape and fluff up the mixture, return to the freezer for a further 1 to 2 hours until set.
- When ready to serve scrape the frozen mixture into fluffy snow, scoop into chilled glasses and serve with slices of
cucumber or apple, orange and lemon.
- Add a sprig of mint, a straw and a spoon and get stuck in.
- Serves 4 to 6