A different take on the traditional Christmas fruit mince pies, yet just as addictive!
What's your pie count?
- Christmas Fruit Mince Ice Cream Pies
- 250 grams / 9 oz of plain vanilla flavoured biscuits, such as super wines or milk arrowroots
- 125 grams / 4¼ oz of butter
- ½ litre of vanilla ice cream - see recipe
- ¾ cups of Christmas fruit mince - without suet! - see recipe here
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips (optional)
- First crush the biscuits. For more even sized crumbs I recommend crushing them in batches of around ten at a time
with a rolling pin or in a food processor.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Shake the bowl and crush any large pieces that rise to the top.
- Melt the butter and mix with the biscuits until all crumbs are coated.
- Spoon the crumbs into loose bottomed small tartlet or pie dishes and press against the sides and bottom of the tins
with the outer surface of a clean glass.
- Freeze until firm.
- Soften the vanilla ice cream for 5 to 10 minutes depending of the temperature of your kitchen.
- Fold through the Christmas fruit mince and chocolate chips (if using).
- Return to the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Place spoonfuls of the Christmas fruit mince ice cream on top the biscuit crumb pie crusts and smooth the top.
- Return to the freezer until set and ready to serve.
- Makes approximately 12 to 16 pies depending on the size.
Christmas Recipes ·
Dessert Recipes ·
Fruit Recipes ·
Icecream Recipes ·
Magazine Recipes ·
About Bron ·
Recipe Index ·
RSS Feed ·
Atom Feed ·
Bron's Amazon Store
|Published 12th December 2012|
All content and images copyright © 2005 - 2012 Bron Marshall.
Site Design by Jonathan Marshall